background


Wednesday, January 25, 2012

37 Weeks- Full Term!

   Puffin is officially full-term! VERY exciting and surreal at the same time. My Dr.'s appointments are weekly and so far I am doing absolutely NOTHING- I haven't dilated at all (sorry if that's TMI). Apart from gaining 3 lbs in 6 days... yes you heard right- that's 1/2 lb every single day this past week- I am no closer to seeing his little face. Paul and I couldn't stop laughing when I stepped on the scale this week because neither of us actually believed that I would have gained so rapidly. Looking back now, it's not such a shocker because I have felt like I had a tapeworm and can't eat enough. Never before in this pregnancy have I been so hungry! I didn't even like sweets for the first two trimesters, but evidently I do now... ice cream has been my bedtime snack and Starbucks frapps are making frequent appearances in my dreams. Dr. S looked at me and said "sugars are your enemy." baahahahah!!! really? my enemy?!! In all fairness, he did tell me that it's important to be careful at the last few weeks because if the baby gets too big there is a greater chance for c-section. He told me to stop eating ice cream every night and drink more water. Just a reminder that he gave me the "danger zone" talk before the holidays about not over-indulging.. I just love him, he keeps me laughing...
  So anyways, all this isn't too dramatic, I haven't gained more than I'm supposed to with the pregnancy and am trying to enjoy my bump while it lasts. California weather is beautiful (though rainy) and I'd rather have a baby in the rain than the freezing cold snow of Nebraska. Can't wait for San Fran this weekend and excited we now have a camera so I can take pics :)
  Stay tuned for 38 weeks entry, I have a special picture to post ;)


how much bigger can I get??
wow.

he was kicking :)
mercy.

2 comments:

  1. :) you look great and we can not wait for you to have him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are gorgeous!! i love you fellow preggo friend :)

    ReplyDelete