background


Sunday, December 19, 2010

Current Reads: 3


So Long, Insecurity “you’ve been a bad friend to us”
By: Beth Moore


   I have this group of girls that meets every other week. We are all in similar seasons of life (newly married, some with kids, but all done with school). We go through different books together and meet to discuss and share our lives with one another. It is truly one of the most life lifting blessings to have the opportunity to meet with other wives and pray for each other, talk together, and journey towards greater freedom.
   “So Long, Insecurity” is the first book we have gone though together and it has been impacting my heart in many ways. Firstly, it seems to have drawn out every insecurity that I have ever experienced in my entire life. I find myself more vain, more self-conscious, more competitive and easily offended these past few weeks than I have ever been. And I don’t think it is an accident.
   I believe the Lord is unveiling the eyes of my heart in order to show me my natural propensities. Without Him, I am a royal mess. Without Him, I am prone to fear. Without Him, I am relentlessly hard on myself.
   The good news is that I don’t seem to be alone. My wonderful fellow book club girls have been open and honest about the obstacles they face that keep them from experiencing genuine security. Together we are learning tools and truth that will turn us into secure women “clothed in dignity and strength.” I am excited and committed to being secure in my identity in Christ, because the truth of the matter is: my life is not about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment