background


Thursday, June 2, 2011

Travels: On the ROAD!!!! :)

   I sit at the counter of a Starbucks in Rapid City, SD. Paul is beside me reading and I am drinking a tall, skinny, low-ice Carmel Macciato with extra carmel drizzle. I had to post a quick blog entry since we are in the throws of our adventure. :) Yesterday morning we pulled out of Omaha and drove 8ish hours to Custer State Park. We camped there last night and are spending the day 'vacationing.' We just got done visiting Mt. Rushmore and early this morning Paul forced me to go running with him.. I didn't want to go as far as he did so I faked altitude sickness (I think he is a little suspicious though seeing as I bounced back so quickly). 
   Yesterday in the car we listened to audio books. The first one was the book "The Forgotten God" by Francis Chan and the second one we are in the middle of is "God's Smuggler" by Brother Andrew. We are literally hooked! It is so fun to hear all the miraculous ways the Lord provided, healed, and used Brother Andrew. He smuggled bibles into 'closed' countries in the 1950s. I highly recommend this book and it is fun to listen to on audio. 
  Emotionally, I feel torn. I am LOVING this time with Paul. We are having a blast together and the natural beauty of South Dakota is breath-taking... plus I am constantly wowed by how outdoorsie he is. He literally knows so much about camping and survival. He carries a 2 foot machete/sword thing with him whenever he is outside. I will have to post a picture because it is hilarious. He insists on sleeping with it beside our air-matress. On the other hand, I really miss our families. We spent so much time with them living in Omaha. We are sad to not get to see our precious nieces Delaney and Averey grow throughout this next year. I was already missing my mom a block away from home... But we know that we are on an amazing adventure and we're soaking it in. :)
   Tomorrow we will pack up and drive 9 hours to Yellowstone. We are planning on spending 2 nights there as well. Thanks for following our trip friends! We are grateful for you all!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment