background


Thursday, April 11, 2013

Baby Girl Reveal

    So by now, everyone knows that Baby Lanphier #2 is a GIRL! We had a gender reveal party Monday night with both sides of our immediate families. We had had our ultrasound earlier in the day, but asked the technician not to tell us the gender, but write it in a note card and we would bring it to our friend who was going to fill cupcakes with either pink or blue icing depending on the results! It was SO much fun! I seriously was nervous right before biting into the cupcake. 

Thanks to our amazing cupcake maker Lexie Freshman for such GORGEOUS cupcakes!!
Pre-reveal...
 We also made our families guess the baby's sex:

Family guessing GIRL

Family guessing BOY
   It was one of the highlights of my year so far having a gender reveal party. There is just something so special about sharing in the excitement of a new life with those you love the most- plus, I love any excuse to have a celebration!

About to take the bite!

Sheer joy! Pink frosting in the middle!
Disbelief! I was convinced it was a boy.
SOOOOOO excited


Hug from my dad :)
Results that the ultrasound tech wrote in the card.
    It was extra-meaningful to find out our baby is a girl because Paul and I have both had dreams about our daughter even before Theo was born. I actually had a dream about my future daughter when I was in high school and when we described to each other what we had seen in our dreams it was remarkably similar. We know that she has an amazing destiny and purpose and couldn't be more thrilled to meet her in a few short months...

Sweet baby girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment