background


Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Blog Wrapping Up 2014

Wow! Has it been a year already!?!?! 2014 brought a busy year of mothering 2 toddlers (which probably explains the severe drop off in blogs posts this year)... Here are some highlighs (to all you 2 people who read this blog: "Hi Mom!" "Hi Dad!" "Hi Paul!" )-ok... 3 people...

Anyways....

Highlights....

-January: 2nd annual vision retreat at the Lied Lodge in NE City... PERFECT! Oh yea... except we had our BABY with us!! Violet would not take a bottle until 8 months old so she tagged along... Still, it was a fabulous tradition that we are making a part of our life. This coming January we will have our 3rd vision retreat in Colorado (No babies!- Thanks Grandparents!)

-February... Theo turned two. With an affinity for balloons, balls, and Bam (the dog)... we will just call it the B year... Also, I survived the month of January and February with two small children, weekly dr's visits because of ear infections, and eventually Violet also got ear tubes which made my life much easier. 


-March: Took a trip to Lied Lodge with whole Lanphier side of family... 7 babies swimming in a pool! Fun!
-April: Paul started his dream job at our dear friends (Scott and Lindsay Warren)'s Home Building company and LOVES it.. Lots in of ideas and growth in the works for 2015 so we are both thrilled to find such a good fit for him :)
-Also in April... We had a dog. For a month. You'll have to take that brilliant idea up with my husband who insisted it would be great... Yea, with 2 kids two and under that trial month flew by... Best decision I have ever made is being Dog Free for Life (those of you who knew me in my childhood will be shocked by that statement)... Let's just hope none of my kids get my fervent love for animals or I will be eating my words...
- Mother's Day 2014 was very significant to my heart. My dear 97 year old grandmother in the Faith 'Grandma Germaine' has seen countless women who desire to be mothers have babies. She prayed and imparted the blessing of praying for others to get pregnant into my life. I will never forget that specail time.

-June! Bestie Elizabeth Mabrey got married! Paul, myself, KIM-BOW-LAY, and cousins Bryson and Alyssa roadtripped to Chicago for the wedding! We stayed with Havekost cousins Erika and Josh and so enjoyed our time with them.



-July... Schenzel Family Reunion in Chesepeake Bay with the Schenzel/Darr side of family... MAGICAL  I sure hope this is a reoccuring event. Pool, tennis court, boats, jet skis, theature room.... need I say more...


-August... Vi turns 1! Spunky, Spicy, and Sweet we will call this her S year... But seriously, this baby is very attached to her parents, her grandmas, and- well, that's kinda it. She is a sassy little thing who keeps us on the edge of our parenting game...


-September: Vi and I flew with my parents and siblings to wild and wonderful West Virginia for my cousin Josh's wedding. A very memorable time with the Alexander side of the family...

-Also September.. Paul and I decided to seal the deal on our faith and get baptized (just kidding... we were already committed, but just hadn't wanted to get baptized until my dad could be apart (Good job being a pastor and all Dad!)
 
-October: Paul's sister Amy had the 8th grandbaby on the Lanphier side after spending 5 weeks on hospital bedrest! So happy to have sweet Collette here safe and sound... Did I mention she has two brothers ages 3 and 15 months (at her time of birth) !?! Amy and Andrew are busy parents.... 

 
-November: RoadTRIP! Houston, Texas to visit our dear friends Nick and Angie Delaney followed by Jackson, Mississippi to see the Grantiers! Wonderful Thanksgiving with friends who are more like family. 


-December: Christmas is more and more special every year with young kids... We did the Santa thing with Theo and I don't know about him, but it made Christmas much more magical for me! December always makes me so grateful for the richness of life in having wonderful families on both sides.  

Here's to a great 2015!
   

3 comments:

  1. Amazing year...
    Here's to upcoming adventures!
    The Lord is near!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great year! So cool to see all you did and all the changes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog posts and your sweet fam ub da lawrd

    ReplyDelete