background


Saturday, February 12, 2011

Memories 5: Valentines Gingerbread Houses

   So I love Valentine's Day. If I just walk in  a store and catch a glimpse of pink and red streamers endorphins automatically release in my brain. I can't help it. Maybe I just love pink. Maybe I just love red. Maybe I just love decorations, but nonetheless, I LOVE love!
   Something else I love is the Thomas family! I have babysat their kids for 7 years and have many memories with them. This includes (but is not limited to): Kaelynn, their youngest, climbing out of her high chair as a baby and almost toppling to the ground (I was making frozen pizzas, but looked over in time to scream and grab her), me smashing the side mirror of their Escalade 5 years ago when backing out of their garage :( (low point), ninja fights in their basement that I organized (the winner got to kick the loser in the butt (literally)), and around 4 summers of nannying Meghan, Joshua, Cameron, and Kaelynn. We have LOTS of memories together.
   Cameron and Kathy Thomas have  been amazing parents, mentors, and friends to me. I respect them so much and love spending time with their family. What even sweetens the deal is the man I married loves the Thomas' too! We watch the kids for long weekends when Cam and Kathy go out of town and even stayed with them for a week this past summer. It was glorious.
   So this last weekend we were with the kids and it was Super Bowl time. Everyone was particularly hyped up because, well, I don't know: MAYBE, just MAYBE it had something to do with the energy drinks, soda, and candy Paul let them get at the gas station. While I was waiting in the car in the gas station parking lot, I kept praying prayers like "Please Lord, just this once let him be strong and make the kids get Gatorade or something..." but obviously, the Lord had other plans and the energy drinks prevailed. ;) Anyways, the boys were wanting to watch the game and seeing as I could care less about sports, us girls decided to decorate gingerbread houses in a Valentine's Day theme. Because I am not crafty at all, I was feeling pretty happy with myself. To be honest, I'm downright proud of how they turned out and we had a BLAST making them. So enjoy our pictures and be sure that this will not be the last Valentine's Day theme post on this blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment