background


Saturday, September 24, 2011

BOY! to the world!!!!!

   Yes indeed! Our ultrasound on Wednesday confirmed what we were pretty sure we already knew: Baby Lanphier (#1) is a BOY!!!!!!!!!!! I will never forget what it felt like to stare at that little screen and see boy privates between Puffin's (baby's womb name) legs- haha. I felt such a gush of love for my baby because I knew I could now refer to him as a 'he' without adding "or her of course" because we accidentally referred to baby as a boy ALL THE TIME!
   It sounds cheesy, but I really feel like the Lord spoke to our hearts about having a boy. Out here at Bethel, I went to a prophetic prayer group with a friend and people who had never met me before and didn't know I was pregnant prayed for me and felt like Holy Spirit impressed the color blue on their hearts. I remember thinking, "it's because Puffin is a boy." That might seem strange to some people, but the Lord loves to connect and speak with us on a personal level and learning to hear His voice is a thrilling experience. God is FUN! And he loves to give us good gifts!!!
   Having a boy is doubly rewarding since a boy cousin was just born last month! Amy and Andrew (Amy is Paul's sister) just had Josiah Paul a month ago. Also, our cousins Paul and Lindsey Cain are having a baby boy in December and friends Josh and Jen Dotzler are having their 2nd little boy in January. Puffin is going to have lots of friends and cousins!
   Finally, I have been feeling much better and even have been having some cravings. I'm on the food bandwagon full-force and looking forward to living up the "eating for two." I seriously, have not craved sweets this pregnancy (good-bye Starbucks drinks :( ). So far I am in love with: popcorn chicken (from KFC), pizza, apples, goldfish crackers, pretty much carbs in general and ANY excuse to douse something in ketchup and mustard. I generally avoid: SOY SAUCE- (typing it makes me gag), garlic, spaghetti, steak, and strong tasting ethnic foods.
19 weeks.

Almost 1/2 way done..

Bring on baby boy!

3 comments:

  1. I love your baby bump! You are so beautiful! We are beyond excited to meet Puffin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! so happy for you! boys are so fun... in a few short weeks i will have my 4th nephew and have loved it so much! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are glowing mama! :) SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete