background


Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hospital Visit and 1st week of Bethel School

   I'm trying to be more consistent about blogging now. I really have missed it, but seeing how I was so sick this summer (from the pregnancy) I was in survival mode and didn't even think about blogging. 
   A small excerpt about how I handle pain... in a short answer: not well. I may or may not mentally make a last living testament and will every time I get the flu, a cold, or even just have to have blood-work done. Paul and I have discovered that I don't just hate pain- I fear it! I will avoid it at all costs and tend to panic at the first sign of sickness. That is my confession. Maybe this is why I married a nurse- I am a high maintenance patient.
   So this weekend was like a scene from Braveheart (and not a heroic scene). I literally threw up over 20 times yesterday I was so sick. I couldn't take a sip of water without getting sick- SORRY TMI! Finally, we decided I needed to go to the ER for fluids- you know I am sick when I am willing to submit myself to needles- I must literally believe I am at death's door. So we go to Mercy Hospital (where I will be delivering in Feb) and actually have a great experience! Everyone is really nice to me and works hard to get me stable with meds before attempting an IV... and it worked! My tummy settled and I was out of there in 2 hours. Hallelujah! I took a photobooth pic of myself with my hospital band-- I think it is a good momento to show my baby someday. Do not judge my makeupless, disgruntled look... it's been a rough day!
I keep telling Paul I am going to leave that wrist band on for as long as possible so people feel sorry for me- jk! But I actually do feel pretty sorry for myself.
   On another note, we finished the 1st week of Bethel's Ministry School. It has been awesome so far! It is a much bigger time commitment than I had thought, but still great! Year one is all about our identity in Christ and how as God's children we are SAINTS and no longer sinners. We are Queens and Kings who are made in Christ's image and created to walk in anointing and power! It has been life-changing teaching and only in the first week!    
   I also want to remember how great our neighbors have been! Shout out to Rebekah and Cheralyn who brought us over a pan of lasagna and Rebekah even brought over hamburger helper she had made today. Also, my sweet neighbor Linda, who lives below brought up some tea from South Africa that is good for pregnancy- how thoughtful. Such a huge, huge help to have such amazing community around during this time away from home.
  I'll update again this week. My 19 week check-up is this Wednesday and we find out if we are having a boy/girl. We both think boy, but it's a great feeling to not have a preference either way. Love, love, love my unborn baby that's made me oh-so-sick ;).

1 comment:

  1. Cousin, I hate hearing you are so sick! Sounds like your mom when she was pregnant. I'm glad you have an in-home nurse. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete