background


Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Summer Recap!

   I never thought I would neglect my  blog for so long, but it has been a cRaZy summer! Since I last posted about finding out we were pregnant I got struck with an unfortunate case of preggo sickness... It felt like I lived through weeks just trying to survive the terrible nausea, vomiting, and dehydration. As a matter of fact, at my 15 week Dr.'s appointment I had lost 4 lbs and weighed less than what I did when I got pregnant- yipes. From week 6 till week 16 I was sick every. single. day. 
   One of the perks of being so sick was my parents flying me home for a week and a half! I really enjoyed my mom's homemade chicken noodle soup and her attentive care. My parents are such blessings in my life. It was comforting to be around them since this is my first pregnancy and has been so rough!
   We still managed to take our pre-planned trip to Cabo with two other couple friends. Unfortunately, I didn't feel well and therefore do not have a single picture- oh well! It was great to be with friends who we have REALLY missed with our Cali move...
   We have now settled into life in Redding. Paul's job is going well (I'm currently not working) and my brother Turner is actually living with us because he is also going to attend First Year at Bethel! We love having him. :) It is VERY hot here (supposed to be 109 on Friday), but we start school Monday and could not be more excited. We love our neighbors and friends that we have connected with since living here. We have been eating up Bethel services and will be enrolled in a marriage class that meets Sundays in addition to our school classes. I can't wait for all that we will be learning and receiving this year. I'm committed to blogging more so I can document our experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment