background


Wednesday, February 8, 2012

39 Weeks

   39 weeks... my due date is exactly one week from today! So far there is really nothing to report (which I would have thought would bum me out, but I'm not miserable being pregnant so it's not a big deal). I am trying to enjoy the last few days (or weeks) of having Puffin in my tummy and going out on dates with Paul. Tonight we are headed to a ridiculously unhealthy restaurant where I'm getting a chicken basket and fries. Who knows how many more times we will do this just the two of us!?! Once baby is born, my parents are flying out followed by Paul's parents and then some of my siblings-so it will be a busy, wonderful time. This is the calm before the storm of babyland... and I shouldn't say storm because it will be so wonderful...



   My doctor (ever the encourager) had some more pearls of wisdom for me. He told me, "I think God makes the last few weeks of pregnancy so miserable that women actually are willing to go through the excruciating pain of labor." Hmmm.... Also from doc: "The best thing about labor is the epidural." Again, hmmmmmm... hopefully the best thing about my labor is having a baby!
  I do love to remember his funny quotes, but in all truthfulness, he is a great doctor and I'm sure there is a reason he is mine!
  Right now, I feel ready. Can't wait to meet our sweet baby. We got our rocking chair this week which was the final thing I absolutely 'needed' before he comes. I wonder how many more preggo posts I'll make on this blog... this could be the last one...

2 comments:

  1. You look radiant! So so beautiful momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so gorgeous girl :) So I just wanted to comment that my husband and I have loved taking our daughter out with us on dates ever since she was born. Of course we love going on dates alone, but it is really special going out as a family too. She has known from an early age how to behave at restaurants and places like that since we always bring her. We have lots of fun as a family and I love it that way. Plus you get lots of smiles and attention from strangers watching your adorable baby. You will fall so much more in love with your husband after becoming parents! It's so hard to explain, but it's so beautiful and wonderful! So happy for you and can't wait to see pics of little baby boy :)

    ReplyDelete