background


Wednesday, February 15, 2012

40 Weeks and a little honesty...








   It is here! The 40 week mark and no baby, no dilating, no contractions, no nothing (double negative)!!! I am so 'over' being pregnant and took the day to feel sorry for myself and go shopping with some money my wonderful sister-in-laws sent me... I did some serious damage in the clearance aisle of TJ Max...
   I'm going to be honest here because 1) I think it's funny 2) I want to remember this and 3) you can probably relate (or at least may be able to in the future) if you are a girl. As I was getting ready this morning I found some stretch marks on my tummy... or at least the start of some. I was none-too-pleased, but reminded myself that I love my body unconditionally and took a deep breath. I told myself that I won't even care in a few days when I'm holding my beautiful baby. BUT lets get real: I commanded them to disappear and prayed fervently they would... Maybe my prayers worked because I tried to show them to Paul and he couldn't see them and looked at me like I'm a crazy person (it was bad lighting I insisted). If you feel like punching me right now over my vanity cut me some slack because 1) I am hormonal 2) I'm officially OVER my due date and 3) I wouldn't judge you for being upset if the same thing happened to you. That being said, I was a little irritable when Paul picked me up for my Dr. appointment. It also didn't help that he was trying to drive and eat a massive, messy sandwich at the same time. I was so grossed out that I demanded he pull the car over before we had even gone a block and I made him let me drive.
  I am seriously a good driver- well, decent driver, but I admit that I should not try and vent and drive at the same time. I was telling Paul about my said stretch marks, and then getting even MORE irritated when I decided he wasn't showing me enough sympathy (to be fair, we have had a few 'false alarms' when it comes to stretch marks). Finally, I gave it to him straight and said, "please! just for today agree with everything I say even if you secretly don't." He nodded sympathetically (maybe he was too afraid to talk at that point).  To be honest, I don't even feel bad about this dysfunctional pregnancy day... I am not perfect and I want the world to know (that's a bit of an over-statement, but whatev). However, feel free to put us on your prayer list the next few days...
  Getting back down to business, I have ANOTHER appointment Friday to make sure the little guy's heartbeat is still looking good and then Dr. S said he would like to induce me Monday morning if nothing has happened. This is bittersweet since 1) I have had my heart set on going into labor 2) I feel cheated that at full-term no progression has been made and 3) seriously?! couldn't he have let me believe I dilated 1 cm just to make me feel better?!?! The upside is my mom is flying in this weekend and it will be really special to have her here for her first grandchild's birth... 
   And for the record: No, we don't have his name picked out and yes, I realize I look even bigger than I did yesterday (I get told this on a daily basis). ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Emily, that made me laugh! I feel you on every level. I'm so happy for you all that your mom is coming and that your life is about to be forever changed in the most rewarding way! Praying for a natural delivery and SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully we hear about this little baby soon!! I remember getting the comment that I looked bigger each day too..it's a lot funnier now then it was then!

    ReplyDelete