background


Monday, February 13, 2012

Approaching Motherhood

   I know this has nothing to do with being a mom, but I have to say I love my small group! I felt so encouraged and excited to be a mom after they prayed over me tonight. I am the first one to actually have a baby, but they are so supportive and have been cheering me on.
  I just wanted to write about how much I'm looking forward to being a mom. Many people have been asking me if I'm nervous or afraid, but honestly- I just can't wait! I think about how many kids I've had the honor of spending time with over the years and I enjoyed every moment. Every zoo trip, every craft, every episode of Bob the Builder or Veggie Tails we've watched together has been special (even if they were so over-played I could lip-sync them). 
   Now I get to create a whole childhood experience for Paul's and my child. I get to mold his little outlook on life, God, love, and family. I don't know what I'm doing exactly, but I feel ready to do it (if that's even possible). I am already imagining how I will teach Puffin about who he is from a young age. He will not have to unlearn religious mindsets or rules because we will be showing him (imperfectly-I'm sure) how to live out of love and not law. I want him to feel so empowered to be strong and confident in who he is. He will have a special quality about him- I know this because I've carried him below my heart for 9 months. He has been with Paul and me every step of the way as we have transformed into who we were made to be. This year has not only been impactful for us as a couple, but also for our son as well. I am absoulutly sure he has benefited from our time at Bethel even while being in the womb.
   I cannot wait for the first moment I see him and hold him. It is the start of a new world, a new opportunity, a new way for God to unleash a piece of His glory on the earth through life. I love that this is also the beginning of a new chapter for my family. Having this baby makes my parents grandparents and adds grandbaby #4 to Paul's side. We have had such amazing models of parenthood and it will be so fun to find our own unique style and ways of raising our baby. I'm so excited to see myself as a mom, Paul as a dad, my parents become grandparents and my siblings to become uncles/aunts :)
   The world is ready little baby.... we hope you are too...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment