background


Monday, November 29, 2010

Current Reads: 2


Here is what I read this week:



Loving Frank. In one word: conflicting. A love story that is morally wrong, but you find yourself hoping it works out. The end is a shocker… you have to read it to believe it. I liked that this novel is based on the life of architect Frank Lloyd Wright. Props to my Aunt Meredith for recommending it over Thanksgiving break.

Life’s Golden Ticket. In one word: profound. This book does a wonderful job of incorporating positive life principals into a story form. I highly, highly recommend. I read this book in one day.

3 comments:

  1. Mrs. Lanphier, I have two books that you should read. One is a classic oldie, "Old Man and the Sea" by Earnest Hemingway. And the other one is a historical novel that I think might intrigue you called, "Devil in the White City." I would love to loan you these books, but I have this pounding fear that you would not give them back to me (WINK WINK). I love you so much. Katie Mo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Devil in the White City" is by Erik Larson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I found your blog! You are such an amazing writer, did you know that? I read a lot of blogs and you have talent girlfriend. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete