background


Monday, November 29, 2010

Travels, Oct. 2010: Burlington, Vermont


One of the reasons for starting this blog was to remember all of the travels that we do. It seems like we go somewhere at least once a month now. Traveling is my favorite thing to do. If I was paid in airline tickets I don’t thing I would even mind.


A perk of Paul’s job is that he gets to travel all over the country running wellness clinics. When he got asked to go to Vermont we decided that I would come along. We worked the clinics during the day and explored Burlington in the evenings. I have always wanted to visit the New England states and let me just say, Burlington, Vermont fulfilled my every expectation. The town has an adorable downtown that boasts shops, cafes, and restaurants that are locally owned. We found the most amazing restaurant that cooked pizzas on flatbread in a primitive stone oven with all organic ingredients. We ate at Flatbreads two times in one week.

Let me just take this opportunity to say that my adorable husband slings around the phrase the “best thing ever” very loosely. Some of the best things ever are (but not limited to): Chick-fil-A, his nieces, movies, books, my new Sorel boots, Red Mango, time with his family, and any other experience, restaurant, or movie that makes him happy. One of these days I will come up with a list of synonyms so that he can express his glass-half-full outlook in various ways, but for now we will just say that Flatbreads was “the best thing ever.”



What I want to remember about Vermont is how beautiful Lake Chaplain was when we jogged on the bike trail. The natural beauty is truly breath taking.I want to remember what a good boss my husband is. He is so natural at leading and directing those around him in a way that affirms and values them. It was fun to see him in action.Another fun memory is getting to visit the Ben and Jerry's factory. 


The very best part was getting to spend quality time with my husband. It may be cheesy, but he is amazing. Paul encourages me, inspires me, and makes me feel energized by his zeal for life. I think I could even have fun with him if we were vacationing in Iowa (no offense).

The picture above is part of Shelburn Farm's property bordering Lake Champlain.

Travel Ratings:

Relaxation Factor: 8
Food Factor: 10
Entertainment Factor: 9
Natural Beauty Factor: 10
Overall: 8.5


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your life memories with us! I enjoy reading every post! :)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! Great job again! Sorry for the wound at the top of the stairs. You've healed well! Love you!

    ReplyDelete