background


Friday, November 12, 2010

Here goes nothing...

So I am scared for several reasons.


1) My life is passing so fast that I feel like I might wake up tomorrow and be a grandmother. No, seriously- I have nightmares about this.


2) I am fiercely nostalgic and while I do journal, I typically treat my personal journal as a bible study and prayer tool. It occurred to me when I was sitting at Barnes and Noble last night reading a biography (perhaps I'll mention whose biography it is in another post) that I cannot believe I am out of school... prepare for tangent: I am done FOREVER with school if I so chose to be. No more tests, no more studying, and no more excuse to buy a Starbucks every single day. I'm pretty heartbroken that it's over and I feel like it lasted all of two minutes. It was then I realized that I was going to forget the seasons of my life if I don't document them... end tangent.


3) Third fear (don't forget I'm listing why I am scared), I do NOT want to be one of those people who obnoxiously updated their blog all the time and is boring. I have been thinking about creating a blog for years, but have lacked the courage. Now begins a new day.


All this said, I am taking the pressure off myself because this blog is for me. That way I don’t have to apologize for what I write and will feel free to share about the mundane small things in life that bring me joy. Bottom line: I am forcing myself to take the time to remember all of those little moments in life that when they are happening you think: “I wish I could hold on to this moment forever.” Blogging lets me do that. Blogging allows me to hold onto more moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment