background


Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011!!!

   So the new year is here! Wow 2010 flew by... It is true what "they" say: 'Time goes by faster the older you get.' We rang in the new year with a Kansas City get-away. KC was kinda Paul's and my Christmas gift to each other because we love vacation, plus the International House of Prayer has their annual One Thing Conference every New Years. 
   This last few days in Kansas City were a blast. We stayed two nights and divided our time between the conference and the plaza ;). We spent a few hours at Starbucks (surprise, surprise) and listed top highlights of 2010. They are:

  •  Paul's sister Amy getting married! January 2, 2010- Happy Anniversary!
  • Both of us graduating from college. Paul finished his business degree and I graduated with a bachelors in Spanish.
  • The amazing travels we got take: Colorado, KC, Atlanta, Tennessee, Austin, Myrtle Beach, Cabo, Vermont and West Virginia! Not to mention Paul traveling to multiple other states while running Wellness Clinics.
  • Paul 'retiring' from Nursing at the ripe age of 24 and passing his Real Estate test!
  • My first job in the 'real world.'
  • Great new friendships and lots of quality time with both our families.
  • Significant relational and spiritual growth.
   We also had several hopes and goals for 2011:

  • I desire to spend more time in prayer and learning to be with the Lord.
  • I will attempt a 3 week cleanse the month of January.
  • We plan on buying our first investment property.
  • I am going to start learning how to plant an organic garden. I say 'learn' because I plan on reading how to garden, but will most likely wait to garden until we buy a long-term home.
  •  We both would like to find mentors.
  • We want to read a book a week.
  • We want to serve more.
  • In 2011 we will save up for a trip to Africa to visit cousins Paul and Lindsey Cain! :)
   I know that new years are typically filed with resolutions, but I am ok if none of my goals are accomplished... at least I want to be. I'm simply grateful for the moments of joy that come during while on the journey. I look to a new year with hope and pray that if only one of my goals come to pass it is that I have increased revelation of the Lord's love for me and that I am more infatuated with Jesus than the year before. May I know that He is my treasure, He is my goal. It may sound cliche, but that is what is on my heart. Happy New Year. Happy 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment