background


Saturday, January 15, 2011

CLEAN: An update!!!!! Day 13

Ok! Day 13 of the 21 day cleanse and going strong! Many of you have sent me messages asking for more information. I would love to talk to anyone about it, but a few posts down I write more about the program... Scroll down and take a look, but: Here is a quick update:

-Day 3: Dad drops off (it’s ok, we forced you to begin the cleanse against your own will anyways).
-Day 5: Mom caves and has a cupcake while baking for dad’s birthday (to be fair, she did jump back on the bandwagon the next day)
-Day 7: Paul quits (he has lost 7 lbs in one week and doesn’t want to loose more. He also confesses he was only doing the cleanse for moral support… If that isn’t love I don’t know what is ;) ). Paul still eats breakfast and lunch with me but eats dinner instead of a smoothie.

   As for myself, I am going to be honest. At about a week into the cleanse I would feel emotional around dinner-time. I literally felt like crying as I watched my family enjoy my favorite meal of the day. I also was more emotional (poor Paul- I have had to apologize a lot!). It has been kind of liberating in a sense that I realize how food motivated I am and want to purpose to not be so controlled by my love for food.
   The first few days I felt a definite dip in my energy levels. I didn’t work out and went to bed really early (partly to keep myself from eating after my dinner smoothie). I am happy to report that I now have increased energy levels and do not struggle feeling hungry like I did at the beginning. I have also learned many healthy ways of cooking veggies that I will carry over into after the cleanse. Luckily, my fantasies about brownies and pasta seem to be less frequent. I am also learning to love green tea instead of lattes when we go to Starbucks. I frequently skim the first few chapters of “Clean” to keep myself motivated and remind myself why I am suffering through.

1 comment:

  1. Go girl go! I am so proud of you! In America it's SO HARD to eat healthy... you actually have to go against the current to do it. Living overseas has helped us eat healthier because we don't have the processed food options. I have to cook from scratch and use fresh veggies pretty much all the time (think no preservatives at all- not even bread.) So we've been forced to eat healthy. But I am really interested in learning the healthier way to cook veggies if you have time to share :) I usually use butter or cheese or some kind of soysauce based way to spice up the veggies. But I know those aren't the healthiest :(

    ReplyDelete