background


Thursday, January 19, 2012

36 Weeks








   36 weeks and plugging along :) I feel very pregnant, but content because I know that now is just bonus belly time for baby. He is developed enough to come at anytime and any additional weeks in womb just gets him more chunkified. 
   Hmmm... maybe wearing black today was not the best idea since you can't see the full scope of what we are working with. My preggo tummy is no joke. I sometimes forget this and feel caught off guard when I'm in a public place and a stranger asks me when I'm due- especially when wearing a coat- I feel like it's 'hidden', but nope! the bump is hard to miss.
   Someone from our revival group told me this week said that he and a friend were talking about how my legs seemed too small to support my body. I would use the analogy of a toothpick with an olive on top of it.. One just hopes the the toothpick can make it a few more weeks without snapping from the excess bulk.
   We have officially started weekly OB appointments and the Dr says baby is head down with a strong heartbeat. I would love to not go over my due date, but that's rare for first-time moms. Hopefully, baby stays in womb another 2 weeks since Paul told me he is taking me on a babymoon to San Francisco next weekend! I can't wait. His job has been very intense and demanding lately so that will be a much needed break. 
   Also, our amazing revival group and my dear friends Courtney and Grace threw us a surprise baby shower on Saturday. We had NO CLUE! We were doused in love and presents and cake and balloons and prophetic words :). I will never forget this day because it really prepared my heart for motherhood. Heather read the book "Love you forever" (I think that's the name) over us and let me tell you: it's a tear jerker! (ok to be honest I didn't cry, but Paul did- I think I was still in shock). I believe Puffin is the most loved unborn baby in all the land... and that leads me to my closing thought: he is still unnamed! eep! only 4 (ish) weeks to decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment