background


Saturday, January 14, 2012

Baby L's Dad

   One of my beginning blog entries was about my sister Annie and I have also written about various family members through my blogging journey, but I haven't gotten to write about my favorite person on the whole planet: my husband! Here is what I want our baby to know about his future father:

Dear Baby L,
   You are going to be one blessed little guy. We are SO excited to meet you and every time we go on a date now we wonder how many outings we have left without you... I want to tell you about your father. You are going to be so crazy about him because he is an amazing man.
   Your dad Paul is hilarious, loving, dead sexy, competitive, and uses sweeping statements like they are going out of style. Almost every day he proclaims something to be "the best" or "the worst" thing ever. He also likes to say he is "99% sure" about whatever it is we are currently discussing. His dramatic comments are a never-ending source of laughter and enjoyment for the whole family- almost legendary I'd say...
   Your dad is a stellar husband. He always has been, but he gets better each passing year. We have learned how to take care of our hearts and Paul is always growing in how to live from a heart that is fully alive. I'm blessed because he is very in tune to my emotions and and feelings- this makes me feel valued and 'seen' by him. He loves well and fights for our relationship even when it's hard (being out at ministry school has unearthed a lot in our hearts that we've worked through, but we are so committed!)
   You dad consistently pursues the Lord. We have grown so much this year being at Bethel and I've seen your father transform into an even more powerful, wonderful person. We love hearing from the Lord and declaring blessing and truth over peoples' lives- (especially yours)! He is very prophetic and senses God's presence. Dad is sensitive to the things of the Lord, but nonreligious at the same time... for instance: he still hasn't outgrown enjoying comedy movies that I find abrasive or laughing at your crazy uncles' racy senses of humor ;) (oh and I'm not talking about your Uncle Grant, Luke or Andrew...hint, hint).
   Your dad is a hard worker. He has literally been promoted at every single job he has had since we've been married. He works now as the case manager of medical care at a health facility here, but his true passion is business and being an entrepreneur. He went back to school after we got married to get his business degree and swears you will never know that he was a nurse because he doesn't want you to get made fun of in school if they ask you what your dad does for a living (for the record, he is joking and we think nursing is an amazing, admirable calling- it's just not his!)... I can't wait to see him in a career that uses all his natural talent- Get ready world!
   Your dad loves people and it is rare to find anyone who doesn't love him back- he endears himself pretty quickly because he is so caring and generous. That is one of my favorite things about him... He lives to give. Most people will never know how giving he is because he doesn't let me brag on him, but I'll give you specifics when you're born since you won't remember anyways ;)... When we first started dating, your dad paid for all of our dates and back then we ate out- A LOT.... As a matter of fact, when he couldn't work for two months because of having shoulder surgery we literally wiped out his savings account (a sizable amount of $) because we were so addicted to eating out. We look back now and don't regret it because we had a blast together. He still takes me out every week. I bet you he will take you on a ton of dates in your lifetime.
   Your dad is an amazing brother, uncle, and son. He adores family and values spending time with both sides of our families. Honestly, he was a crazy man in high school, but your poppa was an amazing father to him while he was finding his way and now they are the best of friends. I love how much your dad loves his dad. He is also nuts about your cousins and loves playing with them and watching them grow up. The thing that is hardest about living so far away in California is not being around your cousins Delaney, Averey, and Josiah because they change so fast... he tells me this often. 
   Your dad will be such an incredible daddy to you. He cried when I told him I was pregnant with you (tears of joy). He has taken me to every single Dr.'s appointment. He carried my unconscious body out of the blood draw room when I passed out cold. We both felt you kick together for the first time at 17 weeks. He held my hand at the ultrasound that told us you were going to be a boy. He prays for you and we talk and dream about your life. When we got out to California this summer I was pregnancy sick for an entire 10 weeks. During that time, he wrote a note to you in his journal that I asked him if I could post in this blog. It is so sweet and does a better job at conveying him as a father than I could explain to you in my own words. I will put it up within the next week or two before you come.
   Your dad is going to have a huge impact on your life and you will be cherished forever. Seeing the two of you together will fill my life with even more love and laughter than we could have had if it were only the two of us. We cannot wait to pour all our love into you and then stand back and watch who you become. 


I love you so much!
Mom :)

1 comment:

  1. I love how in love you are, both with your husband and your baby. This inspires me to be patient for the right man, I want someone that is as special to me as Paul is to you.

    ReplyDelete