background


Sunday, March 25, 2012

Week for the three of us...

   So this blog was never intended to be a "mommy-blog," but it may be baby-centered for awhile :) The majority of my life now is taking care of Theo (which I'm told is normal for the 1st few months with a new-born). 
  This last week has been incredible- not because of any big accomplishment, trip, or activity- just because it has been our first week as a family-just the 3 of us. We've had company for the first 5 weeks of Theo's baby life and Paul leaves tomorrow for a 9 day missions trip to Tijuana, Mexico. Even though Pablo's job is high-stress, it is perfect for this season of life mainly because of the flexibility. Going to ministry school, working 30 hours a week, and having a new baby with company in town has made for a bussssy month for my hubster- he handled better than I ever could! So we cherished this week... went on a date, took Theo out and about, watched many episodes of "Arrested Development" on Hulu, and spent time talking about 'us.' I love 'us' even more now after having a baby... It is so fun being parents together. 
  So why am I even blogging about this? It's for my own sake. I know there are times when life can feel completely thrown off with the demands of having a newborn that is solely dependent on me. There are days when I wonder if I will live in yoga pants forever. I have this sense that next month will be a whole different ball game. We will most likely decide where to live in the coming season and then my mind will be preoccupied with preparations to move. But right now, right now I am in this place of feeling very present. I am cherishing each moment the three of us sit on the couch together while I nurse Theo. I cherish our little apartment with the amazing view. I cherish our 2nd-hand furniture that we slowly acquired since we didn't feel like buying nice possessions we'd have to move later... I cherish the simplicity of singing to my baby, reading him Bible stories he doesn't yet understand, and talking to him about the things I know the Lord will do in his life... I cherish the memories and miracles of this year- the amazing breakthroughs, the miraculous provision, and the glorious adventure. These are precious days to me.
Getting some baby exercise.

Morning times together.

Swinging!

And a less than happy moment...


  

No comments:

Post a Comment